Cisco 3500XL GBIC Part number

Hi, Can anyone tell me the part number for the RJ45 GBIC interface module with 2x RJ45 ports instead of 1x rj45 - (ws-g5482)

also.. am i correct in thinking this part is discontinued? regards anton

Reply to
ants
Loading thread data ...

are you referring to the GigaStack GBIC? (

formatting link

Reply to
J.Cottingim

thanks for the info.. but it's RJ45 connections.. not the gigastack connectors.. any ideas? or else.. how can I get the module number from the command line? ratehr than having to power off and check module part number.

thanks in advance.

Reply to
ants

There's no command that I'm familiar with to get that info. I tried: show interface g0/1 transceiver properties show interface g0/1 media

neither showed what you were looking for.

The information may be in a "show tech" but i'm not sure.

Reply to
J.Cottingim

Anton,

As I know, GBIC interface on the switch is able to provide only one logical interface. For example, when you look for ports/interfaces on the switch, you see only one port (Gi0/1 or port 0/1). So, you can not create two separate connections out of one GBIC interface module. Theoretically it's possible if you will have two or more ports in the same VLAN - it's like having the switch within GBIC module, but I never saw anything like that.

Good luck,

Michael

formatting link

Reply to
CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.