Cisco 2801 router Advanced IP services and HWIC Cable-D-2

System Bootstrap, Verstion 12.3 (8r) T9, realease (fc1) C2801 Processor with 196608 Kbytes of main memory IOS versuin 12.4(1C)

I am a newbie at this so please excuse any questions if they seem trivial. I have a cd with advanced IP services S28NAISK9-12406T Cisco 2800 ADVANCED IP SERVICES 36226996 S28NAISK9-12407 Cisco 2800 ADVANCED IP SERVICES 32452760

I am trying to get this to run, I copy it via tftp to the router and try set it up as flash using

conf term no boot system flash oldflashimagename boot system flash flashimage exit

reload

This does not work. I get an invalid flash message. If i try to use SDM it tells me that the images are invalid. This CD is directly from Cisco so i know its fine. I am guessing maybe i might need to load the one file into the boot strap and the other into the flash, but i have no idea how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also i have an HWIC cable D-2 card that we want to setup for failover, but it comes up as %CFG-3-Card_not_supported: Unrecognized cookie format for card!Port statistics for unclassified packets is not turned on

Any assistance would be appreciated

Reply to
Ranga
Loading thread data ...

What is the exact file name you specified when indicating the boot system flash imagename?

Did you include the .bin at the end?

The IOS should look something like c2800-advancedipservices-mz.123-20.bin or something like that(can't remember exactly what it looks like for the 2800 series)

Reply to
east.Usenet-News.net

It turns out my vendor shipped the router with the wrong IOS and the wrong feature set cd, so I am waiting for my smartnet sub to start and then i will download the files from there. Thanks for reading.

east.Usenet-News.net wrote:

Reply to
Ranga

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.