Cisco 1750 cant connect to ISP...

Hey. i am trying to connect a 1750 to a fractional T1 internet service. I cannot get it to work. This is the first time i have set one of these up, but i know my way around the router, and i know what everything means pretty much. I just need a basic config to get me connected to the internet. Below is the info from my isp.

Please help with a basic config to get me started.

IP address: 162.40.148.0/29 sm: 255.255.255.248 dns: 166.102.165.11, 166.102.165.13

Thanks for your help. I need help asap!!!

Thanks Jason

Reply to
jsandlin0803
Loading thread data ...

see

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

That site does not help much.

I have a device that will do nat other than the cisco. What encapsulation do i use on serial0? Do i put in the DNS servers? what static routes do i need to ping the internet from the router? From Lan?

Please help. THanks Jason

Reply to
jsandlin0803

Anyone have a fractional T1 that can post a setup? I mainly need to know what encapsulation, and the routes.

Thanks Jason

Reply to
jsandlin0803

maybe I skipped it but is this a FR or Point-to-Point connection? if you don't know, let me know the carrier..... Tell me that and I'll write you a config template....

jsandl> Anyone have a fractional T1 that can post a setup? I mainly need to

Reply to
garrisb

Alltel is the carrier. I am not sure of the PPP or not. I appreciate your help very much. If you have any questions, let me know and i will try my best to answer them.

Thanks again.

Jason

Reply to
jsandlin0803

I still havent heard from garrisb. Does anyone else have a template they can provide?

Thanks Jason

Reply to
jsandlin0803

sorry .... got really busy.... here's a simple template but it does not have everything.... pay attention to .... You'll need to replace them with data. There are a LOT of additional things you can add to lock it down further but not knowing your infrastructure will limit what I can do... This was written in a rush so try it and let me know if this is good enough....

You may want to add an acl with the GLOBAL address you internal systems are natted from to the vty 0 15... that way you can telnet to it from inside your network....

service tcp-keepalives-in service tcp-keepalives-out service timestamps debug datetime msec localtime show-timezone service timestamps log datetime msec localtime show-timezone ! hostname ! logging buffered 4096 debugging < YOU MAY WANT TO BUMP THIS UP TO 8-16 MB>

no logging console ! clock timezone clock summer-time recurring ip subnet-zero ip cef ! username privilege 15 secret 5 ! no ip domain-lookup ip domain-name

! ! interface Loopback0 ip address !

----------------------IF FRAME-RELAY-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- interface Serial0/0 no ip address encapsulation frame-relay no fair-queue service-module t1 timeslots 1-6 < this is a 384k config... just think of each timeslot as 64k...all the way to 24slots.>

frame-relay lmi-type cisco ! interface Serial0/0.1 point-to-point description remote link ip address 255.255.255.252 frame-relay interface-dlci

ip access-group border in !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- !

-------------------------------IF A POINT-TO-POINT---------------------------------------------------------------------

interface Serial0/0 ip address no fair-queue service-module t1 timeslots 1-6 < this is a 384k config... just think of each timeslot as 64k...all the way to 24slots.>

ip access-group border in no ip redirects

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ! interface FastEthernet0/0 description

• ....!! WARNING !!.... *
  • !!!! for use by authorized personnel only !!!! *
  • This system is for the use of authorized IT personnel only *
  • Individuals using this system without authority, or in excess *
  • of their authority, are subject to having all of their activities on *
  • this system monitored and recorded by system personnel. *
  • In the course of monitoring individuals improperly using this system, *
  • or in the course of system maintenance, the activities of authorized *
  • users may also be monitored. *
  • Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring and is *
  • advised that if such monitoring reveals possible evidence of criminal *
  • activity, system personnel may provide the evidence of such monitoring *
  • to law enforcement officials. *
****************************************************************************** ^C ! line con 0 password 7 login local ! line aux 0 password 7 logging synchronous login modem InOut transport input all flowcontrol hardware ! line vty 0 15 privilege level 15 password 7 logging synchronous login local transport input telnet ssh !
Reply to
garrisb

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.