Cannot make head or tail of dial watcher is there anothe option to restrict hours Cisco 801

Ok finally given up with trying to use dialer watch and was wondering with the 801 if there is a way to stop it auto dialing out between certain hours, also if poss on obn certain days

See ya, Sean

Reply to
Sean Rima
Loading thread data ...

Timed access list for your interesting traffic perhaps, if they are available.

! access-list 101 permit etc... time-range dial-ok ! dialer-list 1 something, something list 101 ! time-range dial-ok etc.... specify the dates and times when its ok to dial. !

This does introduce the added complication of having to keep the router clock correct. See ntp/sntp, and you may need to allow the router to dial for a short time when it boots so it can adjust the clock and then drop the link again, or not, depending on what the time turns out to be.

Rgds, Martin

Reply to
Martin Gallagher

Yeah I noticed this time problem so not sure what to do unless I stick the router on the UPS

See ya, Sean

Reply to
Sean Rima

Thanks for the tip there, I have edited my config and now it works as it should :) Now to play a bit more and make it dial and do an sntp update on bootup :)

See ya, Sean

Reply to
Sean Rima

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.