Cisco 801 how to make it dial when there is traffic for a certain ip address

I finally got my Cisco 801 to dial out and talk to my lan. Now I want it to dialout only when there is ip traffic for a certain ip destination. This is to stop it dialing during weekdays as it is very expensive here in Ireland.

Basically all I want to do is ping 192.168.0.99 which doesn exist on the network but trying to cause the 801 to take the isdn live. once the pings stop, take the isdn down

Will this work

San

Reply to
Sean Rima
Loading thread data ...

In article , Sean Rima wrote: :I finally got my Cisco 801 to dial out and talk to my lan. Now I want it to dialout only when there is ip traffic for a certain ip destination.

"Dialer Watch".

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Thanks that looks like it :)

See ya, Sean

Reply to
Sean Rima

Configure access-list for the rules and apply it on your dialer list. this should set the interesting traffic that triggers the isdn to dial.

Reply to
jefflin.choi

What I may do is to stop dial on demand and create a telnet session that logs on and opens the session and when i am finished close it. testing this at the mo

See ya, Sean

Reply to
Sean Rima

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.