can't call out with sipgate, was: dumping my sip provider

cisco router 2651XM IOS: c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T8.bin

I have a sip trunk running on my above router that worked ok when registering with tescointernetphone.com, but following advice I had in uk.telecom.voip I decided to give sipgate1000 a go. In the router config I've changed the sip registration to sipgate.co.uk and the sip trunk registers fine to sipgate but I can't make outgoing calls, I get the engaged signal all the time, even if I dial voicemail (50000). But I can get incoming calls. I know it's a problem with my router config because if I use xlite on my pc registered to sipgate.co.uk I can dial voicemail without any problem.

My running config contains this:

dial-peer voice 2 voip description **Outgoing Call to SIP Trunk** translation-profile outgoing PSTN_Outgoing destination-pattern .T voice-class codec 1 session protocol sipv2 session target sip-server dtmf-relay rtp-nte no vad

and it worked fine with tescointernetphone, but maybe the settings should be different for sipgate, I don't know. Any ideas? tia.

Reply to
tg
Loading thread data ...

debug?

debug dial-peer ? debug ccsip ?

I forget the dertails and do not have a voice router handy but there are extensive debugs available. Might be obvious what is amiss.

Reply to
bod43

I've got a sneeking recollection that its Sipgate.net isn't it? But I'm probably wrong.

Try dialling their automated test number - 10000 - which will answer you in German but at least show if it is working or not.

Reply to
Woody

It's in English, or at least an attempt!

Reply to
Nick

Well that indicates they are thinking of their customers now! It was German last time I tried - probably late 2007.

Reply to
Woody

formatting link

Reply to
sipSdkGuru

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.