can not save running-config to startup-config.

I have a router 837. It runs 12.4(2)T. I've got a strange problem.

When I enable by remote NAT feature on ethernet0 and dialer 0 I get this error message

%Malloc fail re_allocate_memory ../inspect/re_regexp.c 141

% PDL Error : Failed to compile regexp File : rtsp.pdl Line : 113 : (regexp store insensitive ^^^^^^^

% NBAR Error : Activation failed due to insufficient dynamic memory % NBAR ERROR: due to memory problem, parsing stopped % NBAR Error : Activation failed due to insufficient dynamic memory

From that point on I can not see running-config any more and I can not save it as well:it said "not enough space on the device". Moreover, even if I couldn't see the startup-config I did configure line vty 0 4 to match username and password against local database, I did specify the method wanted and also a local password (never used by "login local" method) but the only thing obtained at the next boot was "login". I found it out being 1000 miles far from the router :-(

So I looked for NBAR but it didn't help me. I had a look to system filesystem and I saw which files are stored on it but I wasn't able to see the size. Moreover is there a way to delete some file not really needed to have more space on file system "system"? The problem is there because I can do the command "more" over whichever file I want (startup-configon NVRAM, the IOS too on flash !) but running-config.

Alex.

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

Save your config file either on the network (TFTP server), or just do "show run" and copy/paste your screens into the text file, and then reboot your router. The problem should go away, but you should think about upgrading your router's IOS.

Good luck,

Mike

formatting link

Reply to
CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com

The command "sh run" shows nothing. It simply goes to new line. Because of insufficient memory it can not do anything

I need a lot. Bl...y IOS! 4 to be updated remotely. I don't have strength to open a TAC just to tell Cisco you was wrong with that IOS (Version 12.4(2)T).

Alex

Reply to
AM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.