837 ADSL Router No NAT Configuration

We need to setup a Cisco 837 on a UK ADSL connection we've got a range of public IP's so want to use the router in a no-nat configuration and use our firewall to run NAT, i've tried the config below but can't seem to get any internet access

does anyone have any suggestions on getting it on the internet?

Also how do i configure ssh so i can remotely administer it once installed?

Any help would be appreciated

Paul

sh conf Using 2251 out of 131072 bytes ! version 12.3 no service pad service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime service password-encryption ! hostname aaaaaa ! boot-start-marker boot-end-marker ! enable secret 5 aaaaa enable password 7 aaaaa ! no aaa new-model ! resource manager ! ip subnet-zero ! ! no ip dhcp use vrf connected ! ! ! ip cef ip domain name bemco.co.uk no ip ips deny-action ips-interface ip ssh source-interface Virtual-PPP1 ! no ftp-server write-enable ! ! interface Ethernet0 ip address aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa 255.255.255.248 bridge-group 1 hold-queue 100 out ! interface Ethernet2 no ip address shutdown hold-queue 100 out ! interface ATM0 no ip address no ip mroute-cache atm ilmi-keepalive bundle-enable dsl operating-mode auto hold-queue 224 in pvc 0/38 encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer dialer pool-member 1 ! ! interface FastEthernet1 no ip address duplex auto speed auto ! interface FastEthernet2 no ip address shutdown duplex auto speed auto ! interface FastEthernet3 no ip address shutdown duplex auto speed auto ! interface FastEthernet4 no ip address shutdown duplex auto speed auto ! interface Virtual-PPP1 no ip address ! interface Dialer0 ip address aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa 255.255.255.248 ip access-group outside-in in encapsulation ppp dialer pool 1 dialer idle-timeout 0 dialer persistent dialer-group 1 ppp authentication chap callin ppp chap hostname aaaaaa ppp chap password 7 aaaaaa bridge-group 1 ! ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer0 permanent ! no ip http server no ip http secure-server ! !

! control-plane ! bridge 1 protocol ieee ! line con 0 exec-timeout 120 0 no modem enable transport preferred all transport output all stopbits 1 line aux 0 transport preferred all transport output all line vty 0 4 access-class 23 in exec-timeout 120 0 password 7 aaaaaaa login local transport preferred all transport input all transport output all ! scheduler max-task-time 5000 end

Reply to
paul_tomlin
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

I believe you have to setup outbound PAP authentication with the peer you are connecting to being the ISP or BT for that matter.

So on the dialer interface you would do: ppp pap sent-username ISP_USERNAME password ISP_PASSWORD

I am not sure that bridging is needed in this configuration as you are running PPP over ATM.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Reply to
RobO

I would disable bridging. You appear to have the same IP address on the Ethernet0 and Dialer interface. The Public IP subnet needs to be placed on the Ethernet0 interface. Usually, the Dialer0 interface should get an IP address through IPCP when the router authenticates with the remote NAS, at which point the provider will inject a route into their network pointing to your real-world subnet. Change the IP address assignment on Dialer0, by specifying "ip address negotiated".

Also, you don't appear to have ACL outside-in defined, but a non-existent ACL will default to allowing all traffic to flow. Just something to watch.

Your dialer-group does not reference a dialer-list; add "dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit"

"debug ppp auth" and "debug ppp neg" will show the progress of PPP authentication and negotiation stages.

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Melbourne

thanks for coming back to me, after a bit of research this is what i came up with and it seems to work

! versi> > > We need to setup a Cisco 837 on a UK ADSL connection we've got a range

Reply to
paul_tomlin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.