Cisco Secure ACS Solution Engine - Some windows services not started

I installed a new Cisco Secure Access Control Server Solution Engine yesterday. It is an appliance based on a hardened Windows Server 2003 with no access to the windows part.

After I started the appliance it would boot and on the attached monitor I see the windows message "At least one service or driver failed during system startup..." The device was acting funny so today I did a recovery procedure, that is I reinstalled the appliance with the DVD from cisco. Even with a fresh new installation when the device boots I see on the screen the same message "At least one service or driver failed during system startup...". Since there is no access to the windows OS I can't see what exactly is the problem.

Now the appliance seems to be working fine but i'm not sure why the error message appears.

Does anyone have an idea regarding this issue?

Reply to
Morph
Loading thread data ...

Open a TAC case, they will be able to access the OS and determine if there is a problem.

Reply to
Thrill5

I believe this is a bug and is listed on CCO. I have an ACS Solutions Engine as well, and I see the same warning. Seems like I had also discussed this with TAC on an unrelated call and they indicated it wasn't a problem.

Thrill5 wrote:

Reply to
fugettaboutit

| > After I started the appliance it would boot and on the attached monitor | > I see the windows message "At least one service or driver failed during | > system startup..." The device was acting funny so today I did a recovery | > procedure, that is I reinstalled the appliance with the DVD from cisco. | > Even with a fresh new installation when the device boots I see on the | > screen the same message "At least one service or driver failed during | > system startup...". Since there is no access to the windows OS I can't | > see what exactly is the problem. | >

| > Now the appliance seems to be working fine but i'm not sure why the | > error message appears. | >

| > Does anyone have an idea regarding this issue? | >

| > -- | > -Was he talking about what I think he was talking about? | > -If you mean time-traveling bunnies, then yes. | | Open a TAC case, they will be able to access the OS and determine if there | is a problem.

I opened a TAC case and they (as fugettaboutit sugested) said that I can ignore the error message and that it doesn't affect the ACS. Thanks both of you for your time!

Reply to
Morph

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.