Can I connect a DS0 circuit to a AdTran DSU IV ??

Will the AdTran

formatting link
connect to a Leased Circuit? I want to connect one side of the AdTran to a leased DS0 circuit and have the other side of the AdTran connect to a Ethernet (which will connect to a PLC). Is this possible with this AdTran?

Thanks!

Reply to
smith_bp101
Loading thread data ...

Looks plausible to me:

formatting link
But that's an AdTran device, not a Cisco device, so I don't know if you'll find anyone in this newsgroup, comp.dcom.sys.cisco, that knows the devices.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

This device is expecting to find a leased DDS 56k line. I don't know of any telco's that actually sell leased 56k lines anymore.

I've installed this box in the past many times, but I haven't had much call for a leased-line 56k line in oh, the last 8-10 years.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Hi Walter, thanks for replying. Yeah, I'm getting desperate and hope the Cisco guys can help me out.

Reply to
smith_bp101

Doug, what does the DDS mean? This will hook up to a AT&T "ADN" circuit, I'm almost sure it's 56k.

Reply to
smith_bp101

You will need Adtran Part Number:

4200861L1

View this Virtual Demo of the above Part Number:

formatting link
You may also wish to ask further questions regarding your application with Adtran Expert, Steve Taggart:

214-550-6210

Email: tag [at] alliancedatacom.com

--------------------------------

Adtran Networking Solutions Forum:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Tools

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

The DSU IV is for a 56k circuit. AT&T still sells 56k circuits.

Reply to
Joe Beasley

Direct Digital Service. The telco's love their acronyms. (as opposed to switched digital service SDS).

I try not to be familure with AT&T's products. It just hurts to get too deeply into it, but I'll go dig through the serviceguide at the "new" AT&T.

I can't find their ADN service in the serviceguide, but the equivilent newspeak for what this Adtran box handles is a Single Channel (56/64) IOC in the AT&T Bandwidth Services section.

It might also work with their Digital Data Local Channel (DDLC) service doing a 56/64k channel, or their Accunet Generic Digial Access (AGDA) service providing 56/64k.

But as I stated, I avoid AT&T (new or old) for most things, so I don't know their products.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.