Broadcasting all VLANs over a Cisco 1300 AP/Bridges.

Okay.

Here is my setup.

I have Cisco 3750 Switches with 4 VLAN's on it. I have a Cisco 1300 AP/ Bridge. I want the ability to Spray 4 different SSID's(1 SSID associated per VLAN)..can I do this?

Will my backhaul/WDS link just be a 802.11q trunk link?

Thanks

Reply to
jetter2
Loading thread data ...

Yes, Cisco AP's support this. Cisco has a document online outlining exactly how to do it with their gear.

Using VLANs with Cisco Aironet Wireless Equipment

formatting link

Yes.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thanks for the reply.

What I was asking, is does a SINGLE radio, have the ability to receive an 802.11q trunked link, turn around and broadcast all VLAN's wirelessly, and then also push out another 802.11q trunk link for another radio to piggyback on its connection via WDS?

I am just not sure if these radios have the ability to act as both a wireless client AND a server..I know on switches, I can turn any port I want into a trunk link, but with the 1300 I want it to be all wireless....so I was hoping I could do this.

Main Access Point---------802.11q trunked------client Radio--------wds link-------another Client Radio IIethernetII II Ethernet Device

Is this possible? I thought the radios had to either function as a server, or a client, not 2 in one.

Reply to
jetter2

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.