bridge: ethernet over FR

Hi

I have problem with bridge. I connect c1751 and c2503 via serial, start the fr with subinterface but bridge don't work. I can't ping between host connected to eth in one router to another host connect to eth port in another router. Command: sh bridge show only rx packets on both routers. I googling and change some options but still don't work ;((

thx for any ideas or some clue best regards popo

sh run:

c1750 version 12.1 c2503 version 11.0 ! memory-size iomem 20 ip subnet-zero ! !interface Serial0 description pvc to 2503 dlci 99 bandwidth 64 no ip address encapsulation frame-relay no keepalive bridge-group 1 ! interface Serial0.1 point-to-point ip address 99.99.99.1 255.255.255.0 frame-relay interface-dlci 99 bridge-group 1 ! interface FastEthernet0 description lan10/100 no ip address speed auto bridge-group 1 ! ip classless no ip http server ! bridge 1 protocol ieee

#sh bridge

Total of 300 station blocks, 289 free Codes: P - permanent, S - self

Bridge Group 1:

Address Action Interface Age RX count TX count

0050.da15.2929 forward Ethernet3/1 2 16 0 0004.75d5.6642 forward Ethernet3/1 2 2 0 00d0.9680.3518 forward Ethernet3/1 0 255 0 00d0.bae7.0449 forward Ethernet3/1 0 14 0 0000.748c.a4fb forward Ethernet3/1 0 140 0
Reply to
popo
Loading thread data ...

Explicitly turn off IP routing on the two routers using "no ip routing". Looking at your config above you do not seem to have done that and I suspect that may be the cause of the problem here.

If that does not fix the problem, make sure that connectivity over the frame relay link is good. Make sure that the PVC is active and if necessary ping across (by temporarily assigning IP addresses to the FR sub-interfaces and turning off bridging) it to make sure that the connection is fine.

Cisco da Gama

formatting link

Reply to
ciscodagama

thx very much, it's works

but now i have problem: i have some 2 working routers and i must enable bridge on only specific interfaces: in first router: fe2/1 + s1/0 and second router: fe2/3 + s1/2. When i type no ip routing in global config mode i disable routing in whole router. Can i use this option on specific interface or just not assign ip address ?

best regards popo

Reply to
popo

Cisco has a couple of features called Concurrent Routing and Bridging (CRB) and Integrated Routing and Bridging (IRB) that will allow you to do that. Assuming that you also want to route from the bridged segments to the routed interfaces, I would suggest that you use IRB.

Look at the following link for how to configure IRB -

formatting link
Cisco da Gama
formatting link

Reply to
ciscodagama

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.