Wireless Configuration Blues 1131AP

I have a set of Cisco 1131 wireless AP's that I want users to authenticate to in an active directory domain useing IAS. I do not want to use a pre shared key since we have hundreds of users on mutiple campuses. I have tried to configure EAP to auto negotiate a PMK but trying to find a intersection of Microsoft supported EAP with Cisco supported EAP has been a real pain. I have not had much sucess with WPA either.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
notkailen
Loading thread data ...

The AP1100, unless it's acting as a RADIUS server itself, can handle any sort of EAP. The EAP flavor selection will be determined by the intersection of what your supplicants support and what your RADIUS server supports.

What wireless clients do you have? What do they support?

A lot of customers who are using IAS RADIUS will use MS-PEAP (PEAP-MSCHAP-V2), support for which is built into the XP WZC supplicant.

As far as configuring the AP1131 for EAP, you can see

formatting link
This example does not include any WPA, just dynamic WEP ... start simple and get that working, then you can mix in your WPA.

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.