BRI Spoofing

Hi Guys

The status for my BRI card reads up/up (spoofing). How can correct this problem?

Reply to
Satnam.Bhamra
Loading thread data ...

What problem?

Its up as long as a BRI is plugged into it. It may or not be up on layer-3 but thats when you bind a dialer interface to it to dial out over the BRI, and the status of the dialer interface should track your layer-3 status.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

In article , Doug McIntyre wrote: : snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes: :>The status for my BRI card reads up/up (spoofing). :>How can correct this problem?

:What problem?

I think he means the "problem" that the interface says "spoofing".

[I don't know anything about BRI, so I don't know when "spoofing" is normal.]
Reply to
Walter Roberson

There is no 'problem.'

This is normal for a dial interface like BRI.

The layer 2 protocol does not have a peer to communicate with when there is no phone call / connection established. Normally, the absence of a layer 2 peer would cause the protocol to go 'down.'

Here, "spoofing" infers that they layer 2 protocol is being 'fooled' internally to think that there is a connection to a peer when in fact there is no connection, because there hasn't been any phone call placed yet.

When you establish the connection, the 'spoofing' should go away because a real layer 2 peer will now be available to keep the protocol 'up.'

HTH

-ja

Reply to
John Agosta

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.