begginer question

Hello I'm starting work with Cisco devices. I have 1700 model. Please, could someone tell me how I can backup Cisco configuration on HDD. I have no additional tools

Thanks for help

Reply to
Micha³ S
Loading thread data ...

What you need is a tftp server (you can download one for free) then you copy the config to the tftp server with the comand "copy start tftp" from enable mode.

Reply to
John Smith

Hi,

I am fairly new to Cisco too - I am preparing for my CCNA as we speak. Regarding this issue, TFTP runs on UDP right? If I try to use the Cisco TFTP server and between my PC (running the TFTP software) there is a PIX firewall with NAT I cannot seem to do copy the config files accross the NAT network (of course I can use the rollover cable and do it locally) but is there a way to bypass this?

The error I am getting is:

%Error opening tftp://IPADDRESS/configfilenane (Undefined error)

Thanks in advance for all help.

J
Reply to
jcw

Yes, TFTP uses UDP port 69...gotta love it.

Perhaps if you posted the PIX's config we would have something on which to base our troubleshooting...

Reply to
Brad

I agree, the PIX is probably blocking it. But it could be other things, or ACL's in other places.. But its a good place to start. Are you sure you have started the TFTP first? Sound funny but that happens..

Reply to
wwalla

The cheap way is to do a 'sh run' and copy and paste the output to a text file.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.