Radius Authentication on Cisco Switches

Hi All, Sorry if this is a posted in the wrong group. I am trying to setup RADIUS authentication to my cisco switches via a Windows IAS 2003 server.

After reading the Cisco docs I have come up with this config for the switches.

aaa new-model aaa authentication login default group radius local none aaa authentication enable default group radius none aaa authorization exec default group radius local if-authenticated aaa authorization commands 0 default group radius none aaa authorization commands 1 default group radius none aaa authorization commands 15 default group radius none aaa accounting exec default start-stop group radius aaa accounting commands 15 default stop-only group radius aaa accounting network default stop-only group radius aaa accounting connection default stop-only group radius aaa accounting system default stop-only group radius ! tacacs-server host x.x.x.x tacacs-server directed-request tacacs-server key XXXXXXXXXX

What I do not userstand is how do I get user to log onto only get level 0, 1 and 15. I assume I have to create new groups on the windows AD side but how does this match the config above? Sorry if I apear a bit dumd J

Reply to
thejayman
Loading thread data ...

Your radius server needs to set the privlege level. You can do this by groups. Here is a great document for using IAS as a radius server with Cisco equipment:

formatting link
Hope that helps,

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

Great doc. Thanks for your help. J

Reply to
thejayman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.