ActiveX VPN client - is there an equivalent for the mac?

Our IT department is switching to Cisco VPN concentrator, and the VPN client is loaded to the client via a web page. I guess it's loading an activeX client. This is a great solution for PC users because the IT department doesn't have to install individual VPN clients.

I need to connect a Mac client. Obviously the activeX version doesn't work. Is there a workaround? Our IT department is a little leery of Macs, but if the solution is something simple, with no ongoing maintenance, they might go for it. Any ideas.

Has anyone even heard of this activeX format VPN client? What's its official name? If I knew that I could at least do some more googling.

Thanks

Mitch

Reply to
MB
Loading thread data ...

you will need a browser on the mac that can support https as Cisco webvpn uses SSL

see

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

According to the Cisco docs, the Mac browser "safari" is supported. Is there any additional setup that the Cisco admin has to do?

Is there anything I must do? I've tried safari and firefox, turned off popup blocking and installed the latest Java.

Thanks for any help.

Mitch

Reply to
MB

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.