506e changing the internal IP address

Hi. I'm new to Cisco, so bear with me. I'm trying to change the internal IP address of a cisco 506e pix firewall. I also want to turn off DHCP on the inside interface. I use the wizard in PDM to change the IP and turn off DHCP, but I get an error "Interface Address not the same as the DHCP pool". Why do I get this igf I am turning off DHCP and clearing the entries stored? I get the same error when configuring by serial connection...If I cannot change this, then how do I add the correct internal network address to the firewall? Thanks.

Reply to
peterD
Loading thread data ...

CLI command : clear dhcpd, and it's gone ! the change IP on the interface.

HTH Martin Bilgrav

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

In article , peterD wrote: :Hi. I'm new to Cisco, so bear with me. I'm trying to change the :internal IP address of a cisco 506e pix firewall. I also want to turn :off DHCP on the inside interface. I use the wizard in PDM to change the :IP and turn off DHCP, but I get an error "Interface Address not the :same as the DHCP pool". Why do I get this igf I am turning off DHCP and :clearing the entries stored? I get the same error when configuring by :serial connection...If I cannot change this, then how do I add the :correct internal network address to the firewall? Thanks.

no dhcpd enable inside no dhcpd address DHCPIP1-DHCPIP2 inside ip address inside NEWIP NEWMASK dhcpd address NEWDHCPIP1-NEWDHCPIP2 inside dhcpd enable inside

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Thanks, that helped!

Reply to
peterD

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.