501 and ssh

Hi all,

I am using a Cisco PIX 501 OS is 6.3(5). I set it up to use ssh using the "ca generate rsa key 1024" command alongside with the hostname and domain-name and ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside.

This works just fine, however after a few days using the PuTTY client I get a "Server terminated the connection" when trying to connect. Then the only way to get it to work again is to issue from the inside interface (i.e. either through telnet or hyper terminal) another ca generate rsa key 1024 command again and up and running it is once again till the next few days when it will give me the exact same error. My question is, does this happen by behaviour where you need to regenerate the rsa key? If not, how can I fix it so it stays permanent?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Jamie

PS I do issue the write mem command after generating the rsa key so it is not a case where this is not written to the startup file and the pix reboots without it...

Reply to
jamie
Loading thread data ...

have you tried : Ca save all ?

8)

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Hey Martin,

You know what? I never did use that command, having done the same on a Cisco Router and not having had an issue with that (i.e. setting up the ssh but not issuing ca save all) I guess it wasn't needed on the PIX either - but hey, I learn something new each and every day.

Many thanks for helping out.

Jamie

Reply to
jamie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.