Connecting to a PC Anywhere host via VPN from inside a Pix

I have a rather perplexing problem and I am hoping someone might be able to help.

Objective: I need to connect to an outside PC Anywhere host via a VPN tunnel from inside a Pix firewall.

Software: PC Anywhere version 10.5 and 11.5, Cisco VPN client version 4.6.03

Our corporate firewall: Cisco Pix

I have no trouble establishing the VPN tunnel to the remote site (it takes about

30 seconds) but once the tunnel is established, the CISCO VPN client indicates that I am sending data but not receiving data.

Outside of my Pix firewall I have absolutely no trouble establishing the VPN tunnel and connecting to the PC Anywhere host. For this reason, I believe the problem is at my end and with my PIX configuration.

Any guesses as what the problem may be?

Thank you, Doug

Reply to
memeymoeme
Loading thread data ...

I am wondering if you are encountering the same problem I am having.

Check your VPN client connection statistics. Are you both sending and receiving data? My problem is not receiving data. I am still trying to find a solution for this.

Doug

wheel wrote:

Reply to
memeymoeme

In article , wrote: :Objective: I need to connect to an outside PC Anywhere host via a VPN tunnel :from inside a Pix firewall.

:Software: PC Anywhere version 10.5 and 11.5, Cisco VPN client version 4.6.03

:Our corporate firewall: Cisco Pix

:I have no trouble establishing the VPN tunnel to the remote site (it takes about :30 seconds) but once the tunnel is established, the CISCO VPN client indicates :that I am sending data but not receiving data.

That could happen if the ip dynamic pool range that is being assigned to the VPN client is "inside" the firewall instead of being in a different range that is routed to the outside interface (either specifically or via the default route.)

Trying to use an inside IP range for the dynamic pools bites everyone at least once ;-)

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Hello Walter,

Thank you very much for your valued input. I believe we are in the same city too! :-)

I believe you are correct about my problem. Originally I thought it was a NAT Transversal thing.

I am only three months into this CISCO having previously done everything on a Linux box. So I will try to translate what you have stated into what I need to do with my configuration to correct this. Can you perhaps give me some tips just in case I stumble?

I just purchased a Learnkey course so hopefully sometime this month I can finally get a clue as to what the heck I am doing! :-]

Doug

snipped-for-privacy@ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Robers>>:Objective: I need to connect to an outside PC Anywhere host via a VPN tunnel

Reply to
memeymoeme

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.