2924-XL Port Aggregation (port-channel)

Hi,

Does anyone know if the 2924-XL supports port aggregation, I want to bundle 2 ports together to give a faster uplink to the rest of the network.

I have tried the commands:

conf t > interface port-channel 1

which if you type "interface ?" lists port-channel as an option - but it borks and complains at the command with the caret pointing to the "p" in port-channel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steven Carr
Loading thread data ...

I don't have any 2924s, and couldn't find any explicit documentation on Cisco one way or another. I would presume if you have the command in your IOS, that you are good, but the error is a strange one. What version of code are you running? Hopefully a bug or something, but I'll continue looking at the 2924 documentation in the meantime.

Reply to
Trendkill

see Catalyst 2900 XL and Catalyst 3500 XL Software Configuration Guide, Release 12.0(5.x)WC1

formatting link
It appears that on the 2924 XL FastEthernet port aggregtion is ocnfigured wihtout using the interface port-chanel syntax

config t interface port group 1 distribution destination

interface port group 1 distribution destination end

Reply to
Merv

Thanks :) that seems to have worked for the 2924XL - now for the sparkly new 1801 router - don't suppose you have any idea for that? its running IOS 12.4(15)

Ste

Reply to
Steven Carr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.