1800 router series

Hi

Does anyone know if the 1800 routers' Ethernet switch module ports can be configured for routing ports?

Thanks. Al

Reply to
AXJ
Loading thread data ...

I'm not sure but I don't think they can. I'm not even sure if they are just dumb ports or if this is a manageable switch.

Another question: do the 1800s have an AUX port?

Regards

fw

Reply to
Frank Winkler

AFAIK: no

It's a manageable L2 switch, dot1q trunks work well.

Yes.

Reply to
Uli Link

Really? Cool! How does the "optional PoE support" work? Is this a matter of hardware of just a different IOS image?

Great! So I could use it a as "terminal server" :) ... and if the ASA also had one, this could work vice versa. The PIX didn't have AUX ports but do ASAs have one?

Regards

fw

Reply to
Frank Winkler

You need two parts for the optional PoE support. Only some of the modules support it, and you need the bigger power supply option to feed power into the cards, and on the 1800, a PoE daughter card.

Look at the hardware install docs.

Yes.

I always seem to need more than one serial port though. An old 2600 with an NM-8A/S or bigger does great.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

I'm about to get a 1802W - so there are no modules ;) ...

To which of the questions does this apply? ;) Does the ASA series also have an AUX port?

Sure - I also have an ancient 2621 with an NM-32AS but the ASA5505 and the

1802 will be stacked far away from it. So if the two could mutually serve as terminal server, that would be really cool!

Regards

fw

Reply to
Frank Winkler

True, but that does _not_ apply to the ASA 5505 :( ...

Regards

fw

Reply to
Frank Winkler

Could it be possible to use a USB port for this? ;) Do they have any function at the moment?

Regards

fw

Reply to
Frank Winkler

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.