Does routers 1800 series (example 1827) enough for practicing CCIE

hi all, i am wondering if i buy routers 1800 series would them support all i need in routing for CCIE exam.

Thanx,,,,,,,,,,

Reply to
cisco_crazy
Loading thread data ...

most labs are built with 2600's and 7200's.. so 1800 should cover you pretty well. I would recommend getting the latest copy of a practise exam and just see what they ask and see if it will support it all before you go and spend $$$.

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

thanx,,,,,,,,,

Reply to
cisco_crazy

I think the 1800 is a good buy for that. Its modern, supports tons of RAM and Flash for running the latest images, and supports a pretty good set of cards (even some of the older ones that aren't supported).

It won't get you all the way for a CCIE VOICE, but by that time, you'll probably be renting test rackspace for that since the gear is pretty expensive to buy.

If you are doing CCIE R & S, you'll need at least 3-4 routers, but you can use dynamips for the others. Having hands on experience with at least one router is very good experience.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.