Passed BCMSN yesterday

Hi,

I passed BCMSN 642-811 with score 840 yesterday and according to my knowledge passing any of CCNP 642 exams recertifies my CCNA (It was valid through August 2006). I've got two questions:

1. If all the above is correct may I now assume that after passing BCMSN my CCNA will be valid through 19 August 2008?

1. How much time do I have to take next 642 exam (I took BCMSN as the first one) and to pass all the CCNP exams and gain this certificate? Or maybe this is not limited ? I haven't heard anything about such time limitations so far.

Regards,

Sebastian

Reply to
Sebek
Loading thread data ...

From what I understand, you could slowly get your NP by taking one NP exam every 3 years. This would recert your NA each time you passed an NP exam, and after 12 years you would be a NP. What book did you use to study for BCMSN?

Reply to
joey024

Well this is Cisco so they'll probably have retired the exams a couple of times at least during that period so I'd suggest that anyone planning on completing their CCNP choose a shorter timescale!

Reply to
Paul Womar

I used Cicso Networking Academy Curriculum, CCNP BCMSN Exam Certification Guide and Boson Router Tests in the mentioned order.

Sebastian

Reply to
Sebek

Sebastian, Did you use *anything* else? Are you working with routers (Cisco or others) on a daily basis anyway or do you work in another area of IT?

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

I had access to Cisco equipment only during my Cisco Networking Academy Classes, but I tried to spend my time there as efficiently as it was possible.

Reply to
Sebek

Well done!

Reply to
Dave

Just a quick question, was there any simulation on the BCMSN EXAM? I took my

CCNA exam 2months ago and am writing the BCMSN in 2 weeks time. Any info is highly welcome

Reply to
John Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.