cisco 837

Hey guys,

Can someone help me with a quick cisco 837 problem i'm having with my 837?

My isp has given me an 8 ip block, the 80.229.1.8 network.

I've assigned 80.229.1.9 to the 837 router and ethernet port using the the 'ip unnumbered' command to allow the dialer interface to "borrow" the IP address of the ethernet already configured on the router.

I've got my PC on the network with the IP: 80.229.1.10. I can telnet to the router from across the net. But I can't seem to ping my pc or connect to it.

I guess I may be required to implement an access list, or add some static routes that allow traffic from the internet to my PC?

this is quite odd, as the PC itself has internet connectivity and I can surf the web etc.

Can someone please advise me.

I've pasted my configuration below:

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

! version 12.3 no service pad service timestamps debug datetime msec service timestamps log datetime msec no service password-encryption ! boot-start-marker boot-end-marker ! no logging buffered enable password topsecret ! no aaa new-model ip subnet-zero ! ! ip ips po max-events 100 no ftp-server write-enable ! interface Ethernet0 ip address 80.229.1.9 255.255.255.248 no ip mroute-cache hold-queue 100 out ! interface ATM0 no ip address no ip mroute-cache atm vc-per-vp 64 no atm ilmi-keepalive dsl operating-mode auto hold-queue 224 in pvc 0/38 encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer dialer pool-member 1 ! ! interface FastEthernet1 no ip address duplex auto speed auto ! interface FastEthernet2 no ip address duplex auto speed auto ! interface FastEthernet3 no ip address duplex auto speed auto ! interface FastEthernet4 no ip address duplex auto speed auto ! interface Dialer1 ip unnumbered Ethernet0 ip virtual-reassembly encapsulation ppp dialer pool 1 dialer-group 1 ppp authentication chap pap callin ppp chap hostname snipped-for-privacy@isp.net ppp chap password 0 plaintextpassword ppp ipcp dns request ppp ipcp wins request no routing dynamic hold-queue 224 in ! ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer1 ip http server no ip http secure-server !

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit ! control-plane ! line con 0 exec-timeout 120 0 no modem enable transport preferred all transport output all stopbits 1 line aux 0 transport preferred all transport output none line vty 0 4 exec-timeout 120 0 password topsecret login transport preferred all transport input all transport output all ! scheduler max-task-time 5000 end

Reply to
junior
Loading thread data ...

i've discovered the 'stateful firewall' setting on my VPN client was causing the problem.

Reply to
junior

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.