CCNA and curriculum

Hi,

I have finished the 4 CCNA curriculum and I'm about to pass the final exam to became CCNA. But I read in this newsgroup the CCNA certification is about to expire?????

What about that?

When it's supposed to be expired?

Did I have to pass again the 4 CCNA curriculum to keep my CCNA if I pass the Exam before/after the expiration?

Where I can find the documentation on what is different between the version

3.1 and the new one?

Thank to give me the info

Best regards

Martin

Reply to
Martin Leduc
Loading thread data ...

Hello Martin I was just surfing on the net and stumbled on to your letter. To answer your first question. Your diploma is valid for 3 years. Why 3 years? Because in three years a lot can change and a lot of new things will come out also. For your second question....i can't give you a complete answer all I know is that 3.1 version is an update.

I hope this was helpfull.. if you have anymore question feel free to ask.

Reply to
d.m.p.wikkeling

Hi and thanks for your fast answer

It is 3 years after I pass the certification exam or 3 years after Cisco have release the officiel version?

Regards

Mart>> Hi,

Reply to
Martin Leduc

First - passing the Final Exam of the 4th Cisco Networking Academy course does *NOT* make you CCNA certified.

These courses prepare you for the certification exam - see:

formatting link
you have to take a testing centre external to your Academy.

The version of the course you are currently finishing has prepared you for exam CCNA 640-801. The last day for the general public to take this exam is 06 November 2007. However, as a Networking Academy student you can be eligible to take the exam until November 2008. If you have set your student profile on Academy Connection to receive Academy emails you have received some information about this. Also when you log into Academy Connection always check the "Headlines" at the top of the page. And talk about this with your instructor, they have been receiving information about this for 6 months.

Then once you have passed the CCNA certification exam it is valid for 3 years from the date you passed the exam. Before it expires you either take whatever CCNA certification exam is current at that time, or a CCNP exam, to re-certify.

The above website has links to allt his information. In fact if you expect to use your CCNA in the workplace, you need to be able to navigate around

formatting link
- it contains a universe of general and technical information you will use every day in a networking job.

Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

CCNA Video Mentor: (Exam 640-802) By Wendell Odom. Published by Cis co Pr ess. Series: Practical Studies. CC NA Video Mentor provides more than two hours of personal visual instruction covering these

topics: CCNA Basics

1. Navigating the Router/Switch Command Line Interface
  2. Router Configuration and Managing Configuration Files LAN Switching
  3. Switch Basics: Learning, Forwarding/Filtering, and Interface se**ings
  4. Configuring VLANs Basic Routing
  5. Static and Connected Routes
  6. RIPv1 Configuration
  7. RIPv1 with Split Horizon, Route Poisoning, and Poison Reverse Advanced Routing
  8. Single-Area OSPF Configuration
  9. EIGRP Configuration and Operation
  10. NAT Overload (PAT) WAN
  11. PPP and CHAP Configuration Security
  12. Access Lists

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/61483794/CVM.part01.rar h**p://rapidshare.com/files/61485354/CVM.part02.rar h**p://rapidshare.com/files/61688395/CVM.part03.rar h**p://rapidshare.com/files/61597959/CVM.part04.rar

no pass

Reply to
erni

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.