Here We Go Again...

Running through the Cisco Press practice exercises for the 640-821 Intro exam and it says I missed the simulation question where you configure a password and login prompt for a telnet session.

I replied:

conf t line vty 0 4 password cisco login

The practice exam marked it Incorrect and said the correct answer was:

conf t line vty 0 4 login password cisco

When I try their way on a live 2501 router I get an error saying:

% Login disabled on line 2, until 'password' is set % Login disabled on line 3, until 'password' is set % Login disabled on line 4, until 'password' is set % Login disabled on line 5, until 'password' is set % Login disabled on line 6, until 'password' is set

I sure hope the real exam has this right. I'm going with what my router says, not what the practice exam says.

Reply to
Cisco Kid
Loading thread data ...

I believe either way works. The message you receive on your router is not really an "error," but more of a warning. It's simply stating that the "login" command that you entered won't take affect until you enter a password (which you do on the next line).

Reply to
Nick

Also, make sure you go to the cisco website and download any patches for your cisco press software. There is also a dozen+ page document listing all the errors they made in the book. Unbelievable.

Reply to
Nick

The practice exam is wrong; your alternate sequence works.

This is the more common sequence, and your best bet on an exam.

This is not an error. It's a friendly reminder to enter a password.

Reply to
hb350001

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.