Failed 801 again

Questions weren't so bad this time, and time didn't come into play as it had on my last attempt. But I got nailed with a sim on NAT. Ended with a 788. I try again in a few weeks. If I don't get divorced by then.

Reply to
Steve C
Loading thread data ...

A NAT SIM? Yikes! I've been colating the sorts of SIMS I could expect to see on the 640-801. This is the first I've heard of a NAT SIM. Was it a troubleshooting one or a configuration one?

Reply to
rb33339

Care to share your colation to date with the group?

Reply to
Allan Wingenbach

Hang in there, you will not get divorced. Yet. You might though, when you are going for the CCIE, if its any consolation, this one's breaking my back... ;-)

Reply to
oj

It's not very well formatted but here it is. It's basically excerpts I've copied from various newsgroup postings from this group, cramsession.com, the CCNA prep centre and a few others (I guess I'll be adding NAT as well, but would still like some more info)

************************* On the exam I had 2 simulations, one involving setting up a 2950 switch with ip addr, default gateway and the other involved rip faultfinding on 3 routers.

There were 2 sims.First was rip troubleshooting.Second was ACL

On the sim side they say do not spend more than 10 mins on each one thas very hard if you get a tough one, read everything for the sim carefully, I got a OSPF network problem which took me 15 mins it was only at the end I saw the third problem. you will know if you have the sim done correctly as you will be able to ping through to all routers

3 of which were sims 1- Set Access-list on Router to prevent telnet access from 2 other networks connected to routers. 2- Company hires consultant to configure 3 routers and now none of them can talk to each other and no routing takes place. Fix it. 3 - Add a static route to an interface and bring up the interface.

Sims: 2 sims - 1 ospf and 1 rip

The sims were easy. but I did take time on the ospf one. The question was simple but expecting a tougher question I was trying to work out complex stuff there. Finally, I did figure out that the answer was just a two line one. The second was a walk in the park. It is very important that you get the SIMS right!. otherwise the chances of passing are slim

My very first question was a vlan simulation test with a twist called vtp. It was a great question!

I hav to configure the switch with STP but i hav to know the domain name of the other switch.

3 simulations that consist of rip, access-list and troubleshooting.
Reply to
rb33339

One other person in my boot camp had the NAT sim... was this one of the first 10 questions? My teacher said that it's very likely that it's a "beta" question, which Cisco puts near the beginning of the test. Personally, I think the beta questions are just there to freak you out ;)

Reply to
malweth

I also got the NAT sim question when I took the CCNA last night. It was about in the middle of the exam.

Reply to
Chad

Reply to
Steve C

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.