Cisco 2950 Switch

Hi I have a 2950 I have just inherited and it has a password on it is there anyway to get the password or reflash the switch??

Cheers

Iain

Reply to
Iain
Loading thread data ...

Try this link:

formatting link
Doan

Reply to
Doan

Thanks for the point in the right direction I have managed to reset it back to factory settings.

For the next question how do I give it an IP address and subnet mask?? So I can ping it??

TIA

Iain

Reply to
Iain

You would use:

ip address

search for this in google e.g.

formatting link
Then look at the first search result.

regards,

Craig.

Reply to
corb

Yep fair enough I can google too BUT I have enabled what I thought was an IP address for the switch when I try and ping it I get no reply this was from a cisco PDF. M$ no probs not a clue about Cisco!!

If I check the running config it says vlan1 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0 Yet if I ping it I get no reply have I set it in the right place??

Iain

Reply to
Iain

interface VLAN1 ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0 no shut

You also may want to set a default gateway if you need to access the switch from another network. Make sure the PC that you plug > Yep fair enough I can google too BUT I have enabled what I thought was an IP

Reply to
June03

Thanks for the help I now have it sorted.

Reply to
Iain

yes there is away to do this

Reply to
rexx

formatting link

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson

Anyone w/ any remote idea of using a switch should know how to use ROMMON mode, I would have to say anyone with a Cisco Switch that has a password on it and someone is asking how to get it off, probably stole it, or recieved it stolen....

Reply to
BMoore

Not necessarily, it may have been brought from e-Bay!

Reply to
daytime

Or just an overworked network admin trying to offload some equipment he replaced. Had that happen more than once.

Reply to
Paradoja

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.