642-801 - AArrgghhhhhhh

I am sorry to hear about it. Relax. Some people are bad at test-taking, however they ace the technology in the field. My former Senior Net. Admin. could not bring himself to pass the MCSE,however in 7 years we have still to see a problem he could not solve in a short time, efficiently and successfully. From Novell to Linux to Windows, he KNEW the stuff.. but no certifications...

If I were you, I would take a small break from test-taking. If you have a home-lab practice with it. Take it apart, reassembly it, reconfigure it until you can do it .. in the dark, almost ;-)

Then refresh all the material for a week, and go for it.

Good luck !

rg.

Reply to
rg
Loading thread data ...

I seem to be an expert at failing 642-801.

I have always been a great believer that the "cheat sheet" / "sample question" options are bad due to the number of paper CNE & MCSEs I have worked with in the past (And maybe because I slogged for hours over hot servers to learn my trade !) - thought they do appear to get results !

I have spent hours reading over the information, and yes I did attend the course ! - But I just cannot pass this exam, the last 2 attempts I have not been able to master my nerves, and the moment the first question appears I can remember nothing. Last time, I read and answered as efficiently as possible but had to rush through the last 10 quesions in 3 minutes ! - I even limited my simulation times.

Does any one have a good summary sheet they would be willing to share ? i.e. I have pages of notes that seem too lengthy to stare at and sink in. I have the course notes, to refer to when I need further details, I just haven't een able to put together a couple of sheets summarising the facts to stare at for 30 mins as I'm sat out side the test centre ! Reply addr is invalid - email me here - billybellend2000 "at" yahoo "dot" com

Thanks in advance, o

Reply to
o

rg,

Thanks for those kind words, I must admit my lab's a little under spec'd - 3 x 160x's, a 2610 and a 2924XL switch. - It's just not the same running ISIS on one device ;o) Mainly due to house fixing taking most of lab budget !

I've been mostly configuring switches for a living, so when CCNP recert came up, work sent me on the courses last year and then booked the exam (now exams !) this month. - Recert needs to be complete by 1st March !

Switching exam was easy peasy lemon squeezy, as I'd been hammering away at them for months most of the useful stuff was already ingrained into my memory.

Anyway, best go now, I've got some routers that need configuring !!!!!

o

Reply to
o

Congratulations !

(see, I told you so ... )

What's next ? ;-)

rg.

Reply to
rg

Passed it today - 860 !!! Not brilliant, but a pass is a pass :o)

Thanks for emails of advice, I also changed test centre which I think helped as the new one was much more professional, with a better testing room.

o

Reply to
o

Thanks >:oD

Technically the answer's off topic - as my next goal (set on my behalf !) is to pass the 2 exams required to recert my HP ASE.

And some low level Sun accreditations have been hinted at [hold's head in hands] . At least I'm only sent out to work on kit I'm actually accredited it - nice for the customers, not so nice for my hair line ;o)

o

Reply to
o

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.