DDR heelp please

Wonder if anybody could help me out here, I have two 1721's connected to the serials via frame relay, I want to be able to use ISDN dial back up for when either serial links goes down, the problem that I'm having is if only one serial goes down I can not get a dial up connection up because the far end is rejected with the complaint that the DDR is a back up interface, if I bring down both serial links then the dial up works fine, how can I get the far end to answer even if its serial is up

This is for my MPLS lab that I'm trying to set up

Thanks for any help you can offer

Reply to
Chet
Loading thread data ...

You can do at least two things here:

1) use end-to-end frame relay keepalives

2) run a routing protocol over FR and use dialer watch or floating static to bring up dial backup.

Reply to
Ivan Ostreš

It is solved, I have dialler-watch enabled, watching the my BGP neighbour, when the neighbour drops out my dialler brings up the isnd line, I also have a default floating route of 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 200 pointing to my isdn ip at the far end so all route are reachable

Reply to
Chet

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.