CCNA at Bickenhall College of Computing in London (a bit long)

I am planning to do a CCNA course in London. I have been looking through offers of different colleges and there is one thing that seems strange to me. Namely, most of the colleges offer the CISCO courses at four different levels and they require you to take an exam after completing each level to progress to the next one. However, Bickenhall College of Computing offers a CCNA course which is not divided into the four levels. The price of that course is just £590 and this is almost four times cheaper than at other institutions. The course consists of 8 three hour sessions. Does anyone know whether it is worth to enrol on this course or is it better to go for the traditional four level one? Has anyone attended the CISCO course at BCOCL? Can you recommend any other good college in London area that does CCNA courses on a decent level? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Rafnie
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Jonathan Stevens

Most depends on how much you already know about routers, switches and related technologies (check here

formatting link
If you already have some knowledge and hands-on experience and want to fill the gaps and certify, the BCOC course makes sense (although I would advise you to study on your own, it's not that difficult after all)... if you are just starting, I guess you may want to go for something slower and less intensive.

Good Luck, Yrs. \\/\\/owbagger

Reply to
Wowbagger

Hi,

I studied there. The course runs at a reasonable level for a starter although you need to go home after each lesson and revise what you did on the day and then read ahead for the following week otherwise you will feel lost. For someone who is already familiar with routers the first 2 lessons may seem a tad slow, pace wise. However, that said, it gives you a chance to reinforce basics like subnetting and basic networking/switches/cabling etc.

The course is cheap in price and perhaps the price reflects the fact that you do not actually work with real routers but instead simulators. For the CCNA I think you can get away with that but what I did is buy a second hand Cisco router from eBay so I can get my hands on the real thing.

Overall, I would give BCOC 7.5 out of 10. The course is good, but you will not pass the CCNA if all you do is attend the class.

Jamie

Reply to
jamie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.