Firewire using on existing Ethernet cable

Hi there,

I want to buy an DVD recorder with FireWire support. The DVD recorder must connect to the internet for download TV guide information. On the other hand i want connect with the computer to transfer files to and from the DVD recorder. This is apperently not possible with the existing ethernet cable. The DVD recorder suppert FireWire so i must use another cable. Is it possible to use the existing ethernet cable to connect to the DVD recorder with FireWire. Other solutions are also nice

Ronald Firewire using on existing Ethernet cable

Reply to
Ronald
Loading thread data ...

A FireWire PCI card for your PC shouldn't cost much. I think that's what you want.

Reply to
Al Dykes

A quick search on Google for "firewire to ethernet converter" brings up all kinds of hits. Try

formatting link
for starters.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Yes that information i find on the internet. But what i hear from others that it is not so simply to transfer files between the dvd recorder and the pc. Thus is it possible to transfer files over an firewire cable.

Ronald

Reply to
Ronald

So what you really are asking is if you can control the DVD player from your computer. Never mind the interface, find a DVD player that can do that under any means and get the computer hardware that will work.

A whole lot different than the question you asked....

carl

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Most Home DVD recorders with a Firewire socket only support a camcorder as input on that port. That is: you can only transfer your camcorder's recordings to DVD.

HP has a recorder (DC 3000) that possibly does something more but it lacks a tuner and won't do anything without a PC.

Reply to
Gerard Bok

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.