cable modem speed problem

Hi people

I have a problem with my cable modem, In the past few months i have started working with ftp's and i have had some downloading problems, what happend is that when i try to download something the transfer rate is about 25kb but i have a 1.5 MB connection, now i started using DAP (download accelerator program) and if i do the downloads with that program it trasfer at 150 KBps, so i dont get it, now i try using different clients like flashfxp, cute ftp, etc.. all of them guive the same problem, the i tryied getright and that one works fine also, so then i tryied top use the ftp client with 2 connections and both download at 25kb, and if i cloise one still the other one still on 25 kb,, well i went to mirc and try downloading from there and still had the same problem. later a friend of mine on mirc start sending me the files from the same server to my personal ftp with serv-u and if they send me the files it will be stable at 125kb or more.. but if i do the request of the file to the same server it will download at 25 kb. it looks that the problem is the internet routing, but i dont kown what to do. any help.!!??

by the way i already reinstall windows, windows Xp sp2, no firewall, i tryied another nic card, still the same, finally i tryied another different computer with windows 2000 and still have the same problem,, at this point I know its no hardware problem, I called my ISP and they came and change my cable modem but still have the same...

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Reply to
Bpedigree
Loading thread data ...

You should check your settings - try

formatting link
some help.

PS: KB is kilo-bytes; Kb is kilo-bits; kb is nothing; ps or /s is per second - so be consistent and use the right one.

Reply to
$Bill

hello

I try already the tweaks, but still having the same problem.

sorry for the confusion, I was trying to say KB all the way.

Please help!!

Reply to
Bpedigree

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.