Earthlink DSL installing a router

I have EArthlink DSL and I am trying to install a router to connect my

2 home computers. Obviously Earthlink says they don't support this, but I know it can be done. By the way the router is Linksys G. It seems i can hook up the hardware and make the proper router connections. The problem seems to be Earthlink. I cannot access the http://172.16.0.254/config page to configure the Earthlink settings. For some reason it just doesn't come up. I chatted with Earthlink without success.

Can anyone help?

Reply to
Senin001
Loading thread data ...

I have been using an Alcatel dsl modem with a Linksys BEFW11S4 for a couple of years now. What type dsl modem do you have?

Maybe you could contact me via email and not the group.

Harry

Sen>I have EArthlink DSL and I am trying to install a router to connect my

Reply to
Harry Avant

Why not let the whole Group benefit? Is this a dating service?

*TimDaniels*

"Harry Avant" wrote:

Reply to
Timothy Daniels

No not dating! I just thought it would be of limited interest.

Harry

"Timothy Daniels" wrote:

Reply to
Harry Avant

As long as what you write is the truth and has to do with xDSL and its use, it could be of help to someone somewhere sometime. Remember that it gets archived by Google, and there are a lot more readers than you think.

*TimDaniels*

"Harry Avant" wrote:

Reply to
Timothy Daniels

Hi,

I don't know what is the problem here!!

It's very common to use routers for sharing Internet among LAN users. In most cases all you need is to go to the router's GUI configuration page and supply your your username and password and keep your router in DHCP server mode.

Then every PC or notebook in your LAN should, either, be DHCP client or given fixed IP address while the default gateway is you ADSL or Cable router.

Panda,

Reply to
panda

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.