Linksys WAG54G Ethernet Ports Have Stopped Working

I have been using my WAG54G wireless router successfully for several months. I use my laptop over the wireless connection, but plug my NAS into one of the Ethernet ports.

Last week I was unable access the NAS, and the Ethernet connection lights on the front of the router was unlit. However, wireless Internet continued to work correctly.

I have tried all the Ethernet ports and resetting both the router and NAS several times without success.

I then tried plugging in my laptop directly using the Ethernet cable. The network card on my laptop flashed intermittently every couple of seconds, but not as you would expect in normal use. The Ethernet connection lights on the front of th router remain unlit.

I was tempted to reset my router back to the factory defaults to see if this helped, however given that I cannot access my router with the Ethernet cable I am concerned that I may by unable to reconfigure my router and would therefore lose my internet connection.

Can anyone advise me on a possible solution to this issue? Thanks James

Reply to
jamesaevans
Loading thread data ...

On 14 Jul 2006 13:17:16 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in :

Have you tried a different Ethernet cable?

Reply to
John Navas

wtf?! i have the same problem from today's morning!

Reply to
pitrek89

I've seen this happen after a lightning strike, try a different router.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.