linksys WAG54G problem

Hello List.

I have linksys wag54g ver. 1.2 with latest firmware 1.02.9, Dec 22 2004 It has been operating for a month without problems untill recently when it started to disconnect and perhaps cold reboot.

When that happens all leds are not lit except the power led flashing a red light. When I switch off and back one, it reboot with no problems and connection gets established.

any idea what causing this to happen.

I have one computer connected directly thru ethernet and another one connected via wireless.

Thanks

Reply to
aljuhani
Loading thread data ...

Yes the router is absolute rubbish, I have just loaded 1.03 04beta firmware because I have been plauged by reset problems like you and so many other users. I have yet to find out if it is any improvement. Take a look at

formatting link
for downloads and other information. Another thing to look out for is mains transients (spikes) caused by things like refrigerators. They can cause the router to reset, you may have to fit a mains filter. Cheers T

Reply to
<j_willis

Thanks for the help. I have upgraded the firmware to 1.03 04beta provided by linksysinfo.org.

Now over 17 hours since the upgrade and everything looks normal.

Regards.

aljuhani

Reply to
aljuhani

I know this is not much help, but even with many users reporting problems with this unit type, I have been using mine for 2 years now without a single problem.

I recommended it to a few people and they have all been satisfied. It was a real suprise to me to hear so many users have disconnections and reboots.

Anyway, if your unit has been working for a month without problems and now starts acting funny, I am not sure a software update will cure it. Fingers crossed anyway.

Lorenzo

Reply to
Lorenzo Sandini

Lorenzo, what model version and software version have you been using? T

Reply to
<j_willis

European model, Annex A, firmware 1.02.7, Oct 19 2004

Lorenzo

Reply to
Lorenzo Sandini

Well I have just realized that the issue of the router reseting randomly was mainly because of the firmeware 1.02.9, Dec 22.

After upgrading to 1.03 04beta that problem ceased to exist. My router is the EU version Annex A

Many thanks to snipped-for-privacy@onetel.net.

-aljuhani

Reply to
aljuhani

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.