Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
June 29, 2007, 4:11 pm
rate this thread
Hello all. I have a laptop with XP that I use strictly at home. It uses an
encrypted connection to a Linksys wireless router.
The problem is that someone in my neighborhood is using a wireless setup
that is wide open - No encryption and broadcasting SSID. For some reason,
my laptop insists on using that persons connection instead of mine.
I keep changing the properties back to use my connection. And it will use
my connection until I reboot. Then it goes back to using the other
My assumption was that maybe the laptop was having trouble locating my
wireless router on bootup, since I did not have the router broadcasting the
SSID. I changed the setting hoping it would have helped but it did not.
I haven't been able to figure out why Windows just decides to use any
connection it wants. (Even after repeatedly telling it which connection to
If someone would be nice enough to offer some assistance, I would really be
- » is there an easy way to get the IP ranges of T-mobile?
- — Newest thread in » Wireless Networking
- » Sure, Verizon blew $4.6 billion on AOL and Yahoo, but at least it isn't AT&T ...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » The global cashless movement meets its foe: Local government [telecom]
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum