BTConnect

Using Linksys Modem on BTConnect broadband,Belkin Wireless Router on Host computer. Computer upstairs networked to Host using Belkin USB adaptor.I cantransfer files but can't connect to internet. What are settings for gateway & subnet so i can manually input? Steve

Reply to
steve
Loading thread data ...

Belkins usual Default Gateway is 192.168.2.1 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 If you Start-->Run--> type cmd and press enter type ipconfig /all and press enter this should give you all the info. If you can transfer files without a problem it could be a DNS issue so if you are providing a static IP for the USB adapter make sure you input BT's DNS Servers IP severs into the appropriate boxes.

Reply to
Frank

Reply to
steve

Looking at your previous post you had Internet access for about 30 mins.Have you run any Anti-virus or Anti-Spyware programs since just to make sure you haven't picked up something unpleasant, not unknown for some bugs to prevent access to common sites.

Reply to
Frank

Reply to
steve

What happens if you ping 209.123.109.175

Start-->Run--> type cmd and press enter type ping 209.123.109.175

Reply to
Frank

Reply to
steve

Did you leave a space between ping and 209?

Reply to
Rob

Rob,no i didn't but i have now, and got the following message:- Reply from 209.123.109.175: bytes=32 time=91ms TTL=46 Reply from 209.123.109.175: bytes=32 time=91ms TTL=46 Reply from 209.123.109.175: bytes=32 time=91ms TTL=46 Request timed out

Ping statistics for: Packets: sent=4, received =3, lost=1 (25% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum=88ms, Maximum=91ms, Average=89ms

Thanks,but what does it mean? Steve

Reply to
steve

209.123.109.175 is
formatting link
so I will go along with Frank and think you have a DNS problem although I didn't like the timeout.

Try Start>Run> cmd ipconfig /flushdns

Reply to
Rob

Rob, Did what you said and got the following message:- Windows IP Configuration successfully flushed the DNS resolver Cache

-------------------------------------- >> Rob,no i didn't but i have now,

Reply to
steve

Are you running a firewall on this machine? If so try disabling it and then see if you can access the Internet.

Reply to
Rob

Reply to
steve

What sites are you trying to access?

Humour me and try these http://209.123.109.175http://72.32.46.59

formatting link
Rob

Reply to
Rob

Reply to
steve

Well I'm going to have to think about this.I am not sure why you can ping 209.123.109.175 but your browser can't display the page. What browser are you using and have you changed any settings from the default?

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Reply to
steve

What happens if you hardwire the laptop to the Modem or Router?

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Reply to
steve

Hardwired new computer and it still didn't work. I assume the router or adaptor isn't set up correctly? Steve

Reply to
steve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.