Belkin wireless router/modem problem

Hello

I have installed a Belkin 54g wireless router/modem for use with a friends laptop. All appears to be OK except that in order to connect to any website via Internet Explorer I have to open the Belkin's router settings and click "Connect" , close the router settings and then all is well. This happens with both wireless and ethernet connections.

Before doing this the status settings are all OK. I have set up a couple of other identical router/modems on wireless access with no problem.

The only thing I can think of is that she previously connected via a wired modem provided by BT and although this is not popping up with any "connect" dialog boxes it may be interfering in some way. I have removed the modem drivers but perhaps there is something else I need to do.

Can anyone shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance.

Conrad

Reply to
Conrad
Loading thread data ...

Have you tried flashing the router with latest version of the firmware? That will sometimes fix a problem with a router that's just came out of the packaging box.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Sorry I forgot to mention this - I upgraded the firmware to no avail.

Conrad

"Duane Arnold" > "Connect" , close the router

Reply to
Conrad

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.