linksys srx vs Belkin Wireless Pre-N wireless router?

Does anyone have any experience with these products? I wasn't able to find very many direct comparisons.

The belkin router got generally good marks, so i am inclined to go with it. Linksys seems the safe choice though.

Reply to
Ed Bono
Loading thread data ...

Safe in that linksys is a well known name. One review has the belkin as requiring occasional reboots to keep it working. Did you find that?

Reply to
Ed Bono

I'm using the Belkin and am pleased with the coverage. It has a lifetime warrenty, so I fail to understand your "safe bet" comment.

Reply to
Scrote

Slightly OT, but are any of you using the Belkin pre-n pc card in a Dell laptop? If so have there been any issues with the card "freezing" the OS during operation or boot-up? I'm trying to verify some anecdotal concerns with the Dell laptops (see the Belkin Forum at dslreports.com).

Thanks, Harvey

Reply to
Harvey Gratt

Ditto coverage and signal is excellent here. If you want the best effects of the router all users of the router ideally should have pre-n wireless cards.

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Bennett

Not so far :-)

Reply to
Scrote

Sorry no. PC's/PDA.

Reply to
Scrote

yes, disabled the built in 1350, and pre-n card works fine on this laptop.

dell inspiron 9100

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Bennett

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.