apple mac G4 shows full wireless connection but no connectivity

Just moved house. The new place has a working setup: motorola surfboard modem connected to a PC (from which I am writing.)

I have connected (by CAT 6 cable) a linksys G wireless router to the modem (I used the same router in my previous home and it worked perfectl)

Neither of my G4's work with the wireless setup however, they do work to a limited extent (skype only, not the browser or email client) when i connect the laptops directly to the modem with a CAT cable.

The motorola modem has a USB cable connected to the PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Reply to
julie
Loading thread data ...

just solved this.

my ISP is in cali, colombia.

they have put c> Just moved house. The new place has a working setup: motorola surfboard

Reply to
julie

Or just change the MAC address of the WAN port on the router (the one connected to the modem) to the address of the PC. Most routers have this feature in their configuration options. This way you can sign up with one PC, change the router to use it's MAC and then have as many computers as you like behind the router. That and if/when your ethernet port dies you don't have to re-register the new MAC address again.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.