WTB: Napco MA1016e

Does anyone have a Napco 1016e board they would like to sell?

Thank you

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335 813-440-6653 Fax
Reply to
Jim Rojas
Loading thread data ...

I looked through my stuff and all I have is one left. Gotta keep it though.

Sorry.

Reply to
Jim

You would be doing the world a favor by replacing that with something more recent, be an easy swap too

Reply to
mleuck

Forrest ....... trees.......

Reply to
Jim

Grass....plants...

Reply to
mleuck

Reply to
jimsdone

Do you know of a system that would be an "easy swap" that would be able to use my current keypads (1000eLCD & 1016e)?

Reply to
jimsdone

I suggest replacing it with a Honeywell system. Napco systems are ok, but not as user friendly as Honeywell. Honeywell also has a huge line of wireless devices that work very well, and make addons a snap.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Jim, you ever have problems with the lack of power (current) on the Vista systems?

We've just started using the Vista (moving up from the FBII series) and have noticed a severe lack of current on the Vista panels... It seem like every system we put in we need to boost the current via a separate power supply... Doesn't seem to be much of a selling point...

RTS

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I suggest replacing it with a Honeywell system. Napco systems are ok, but not as user friendly as Honeywell. Honeywell also has a huge line of wireless devices that work very well, and make addons a snap.

Reply to
RTS

It is always a good idea anyway to use a separate power supply when many devices are involved.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

How many is "many" though? What sort of numbers are we talking about RTS?

- Chris

Reply to
Chris

Alphanumeric keypads draw alot of power. Anything more than 3 would probably require a power supply. Don't forget to include anything else that requires power such as motion detectors, glass breaks, smoke detectors, etc. It all adds up.

Since my Vista128BPT uses all wireless sensors (64 zones at present), I installed the dual battery harness. I only have 2 keypads, and the ENH receiver to power.

Every single room in my home has a motion & smoke detector. All my windows slide horizontally, so each double window uses 2 transmitters.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

How many is "many" though? What sort of numbers are we talking about RTS?

- Chris

Greetings, on average each install uses 3 digital keypads, 1 zone expander, 3 dual tech motion detectors (with LED displayed), 5 glass breakage detectors, 4 doors, 1 high power siren, 2 low power sirens, wireless key entry, cellular backup transmitter. again on average current runs in the 800 - 900 ma range.. in alarm it can jump up to 1.5 - 2 amp..

Back in the days of Moose, Adcor, E.L. and early Ademco the power was a no brainer, they offered 1 to 2 amp standard.. But with each new and improved panel the current supply drops ..

It seems the industry is pushing toward wireless, for good or other..

RTS

Reply to
RTS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.