Vista 20 and IR motion problem

Hmmm...maybe it IS rocket science.

Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

First, Thank you very much to the individuals that were actually interested in helping find and isolate the problem. I very much apppreciated your suggestions!

The problem was an intermittent short between the power wire and one of the signal wires behind the wall. This cable cannot be replaced due to the location so I will either need to relocate the sensor or go to a wireless PIR. Im sure some of you cant wait for me to try to install a wireless unit! :^)

Reply to
rickm

On Apr 30, 3:32=EF=BF=BDpm, "Robert L Bass" wrote:=

e not here to help

roup where a number

By your own definition, this Newsgroup is what the participants want it to be. Obviously they disagree with you. Therefore that puts your opinion in the category of drivel ..... which rhymes with dribble ..... which is what you'll be doing soon as you pass on to your just rewards ...... Hmmmmm?

Reply to
Jim

they were a tad hot...and a little too small IIRC.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That's because the idiot didn't leave a service loop in the wall. But you could probably move the PIR up or down a few inches and gain some wire length.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Too small? Maybe compared to a Dual Tec but they were about average for a standard PIR

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Great idea! How 'bout on the main panel? Connect the LO to the power(-) or leave it open? This LO is shared to the next zone which is unused so It already has resistor.

Reply to
rickm

Isn't this an example Robert always talks about? Someone who researches then takes extra care creating the perfect install and is much better than the average alarm installer?

If it takes days of messages with this guy no wonder RLB spends hours on the phone with them...

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That will be entertaining and I can't wait for the next several dozen messages you send asking questions about doing that

Reply to
Mark Leuck

He doesn't. He doesn't have the time to spend "hours" on the phone. At most, his customers receive an email with a link to his "terms" page, and the toll free number for DIYcontrols.com.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I'll have you know the Bravo 1's make great Christmas tree ornaments.

Reply to
Frank Olson

You're an idiot, Bass (and this is not a flame).

"Forum"

n. [Usenet, GEnie, CI$; pl. `fora' or `forums'] Any discussion group accessible through a dial-in BBS, a mailing list, or a newsgroup (see the network). A forum functions much like a bulletin board; users submit postings for all to read and discussion ensues. Contrast real-time chat via talk mode or point-to-point personal email.

Source:

formatting link

It's a "forum", dummo.

I suppose so. It's still a "forum" though. Messages from DIYer's comprise a very small percentage of the posts here.

I couldn't have said it better, Bass. I've seen you post a hell of a lot of "drivel". Reams of useless HTML codes, pages and pages of links to your kludge site, and totally incorrect answers (sold any more "24 volt versions" of the Vista 128??). What a Putz.

Reply to
Frank Olson

How dare you challenge a self-proclaimed Mensa candidate!

Reply to
Bob Worthy

No need. It is easy to tell who is having fun and who is just simply just being a plain asshole. There aren't any self appointed punctuation cops here yet. I'll nominate you, if you have the time. I pointed it out once to someone, but it didn't seem to matter. It seems to be just the spelling that counts, so I have to concentrate on that. At my age, asking me to concentrate on two things at once is just plain wrong.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I actually understood he was the forum's self-proclaimed "alarm" guru (where we all know it's really "bullshit"). ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

oh maybe I'm thinking of that little tiny one the Visonics made ... maybe the Magic Red? can't remember but it was too small for my fat fingers.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

sjit that's not it either...this is gonna drive me bonkers today.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Do you mean the Visonic CLIP motion detector? I don't recall if that's still in production but the also make they SPY series which are the smallest ones I know of. The electronics are hidden in the wall. Only a round "eye" is visible in the room. I have a handy use for them in stairwells. With one detector installed at the bottom and another at the top, if a family member gets up at night and descends the stairs the interior detectors are bypassed. But if a thief tries to ascend (Note to Cracker: that means to "go up") the stairs the alarm sounds instantly.

Ascending after the downstairs detectors have been auto-bypassed automatically reactivates the interior protection. This can be accomplished fairly simply using the Napco Gemini P3200 and larger panels or with the ELK-M1G system.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The above statement needs to be filed with the Department of Redundancy Department.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I never said that.

It would take far less time if less folks would post useless answers.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.