Only in holywood

Got to love Hollywood and how easy it is to defeat an alarm was watching an old Nash Bridges TV show and they show burglar walking up to a ademco 128 keypad mounted outside simply clipping a wire and the system off .

probably one of mst accurate ones ever saw was movie thief with James caun

for a good nostalgic laugh check out the movie "Night Key" which featured borris Karloff from 30's

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Did Boris defeat an Ademco, too?

Reply to
David 01

he uses a modified shortwave radio to defeat a double balanced direct wire box.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Yeah... The other one I liked was "The Thomas Crown Affair". The "good guys" disarmed a security system with a ten digit PIN in something like

45 seconds with some "wiz bang" gizmo that "learned" the correct code.
Reply to
Frank Olson

If Star Trek has taught us anything, it's that technology moves at the speed of plot.

Reply to
Matt Ion

There's a Sopranos episode where the feds break into Tony's house to plant a bug. First they cut the phone line at the pole. Then they defeat the alarm by disconnecting wires in the control panel... up on the roof of the house. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

On May 7, 10:53=EF=BF=BDam, "Robert L Bass" wrote:=

y defeat the alarm

You must have missed the episode where Tony installed the alarm system himself.

Reply to
Jim

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

A direct wire box didn't have the actual "smarts" at the box or even at the protected premises. That was all back at the central station.

Reply to
Just Looking

That is the best one-liner I ever heard from you.

Reply to
Just Looking

Yes, but from whom did it buy the equipment form?

Reply to
George Siegle

From the form supplier, of course.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I once installed an alarm system in northern NJ in the home of someone that would be very familiar with the Soprano lifestyle. Local alarm only. A few weeks later the wife wanted it monitored so we connected it for her. Just hours later she called frantically saying that her husband went nuts when he found out there was something connected to the phone. Didn't say anything and disconnected it!

Reply to
Red

Only in Hollywood or insurance fraud? I went on a sales call yesterday afternoon to a home that had been broken into. Typical scenario. They kicked in the front door, went to the master bedroom and stole cash, credit cards, jewelry, etc. The guy tells me they even used some sort of device to unscramble the electronic code to gain entry to his safe, since there was no forcible entry. In the background his teenager says, "you probably left it open". He looks hard at the kid and then asks me about what can be done to protect against that. At that point, all I am thinking is, how did the cops write that one up and what is he telling his insurance company. I am more than a little leery in getting involved with this one.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Yeah ...... sure. maybe the neighbor saw the guy in the black suit and ski mask rappeling down the side of the house from the helicopter. It must have been Tom Cruise who broke in.

He was practicing for his next movie, Mission Impossible XXV

Reply to
Jim

Yeah ...... sure. maybe the neighbor saw the guy in the black suit and ski mask rappeling down the side of the house from the helicopter. It must have been Tom Cruise who broke in.

He was practicing for his next movie, Mission Impossible XXV

Oh, he did throw the eyewitness thing in and it was the neighbor. Two tall, well dressed latino's driving a Mercedes. Well dressed....OK, driving a Mercedes...........ahhh maybe that was stolen as well, but "tall". I don't think I have ever seen a tall latino.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

So, how much did you get?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

~:o! Fresco

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.