Caddx/Ademco Downloading

I had a Hayes 1200 modem get fried by lightning and I can't seem to get another one working. is there a particular serial number that I have to use. The one I had working doesn't have volume control, but the other two I'm now trying do. Is there another modem that may be compatible with DL900 and Compass besides the Hayes that I could try.

Reply to
whppas
Loading thread data ...

Try model 07-000038

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Hayes accura 4703US ext 56K fax modem works for me.

Reply to
Don

oops not with compass. hayes 2400 smartmodem model 231AA

Reply to
Don

Reply to
whppas

Reply to
whppas

si doesn't ademco sell a modem that works with compass? Isn't there a new special modem made just for this purpose that someone was referring to in this newsgroup?

Reply to
Don

I have a few DC Security DL110 modems that work well with Ademco, Caddx, plus many, many more panels. The modem sells for $275, and its new.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

that's the one I was thinking of.

formatting link

Reply to
Don

Reply to
Roland

Thanks alot! If I can get this to work the next thing I'll need is directions. Please point me to the nearest shrine you have for yourself so I can begin worshiping at your feet immediately.

Reply to
Roland

I looked at the DLS software ( DLS 2002 version 2.0x - the web update utility says it's the latest) and I didn't see the Hayes 2400. I saw the: Generic 56K Practical Peripheral 1200 Sa External Stradcom Pocket Modem US Robotics 56K Any hints on which of those to use?

Reply to
Roland

Directions: I am told that I am so bald...that I am the only thing in Florida visible from space.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

You will need to install the unsupported modem drivers.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I heard guys in a few counties and/or a few cities in Florida were getting hit with that CP-01 thing too like we are here. At least that is what the guys at DSC said. Is that true? If so how does that CP-01 thing work in your neck of the woods? And tell the fly boys you like to sunbathe in the raw and you are on your back with a towel over your face and it's the little head they're seeing.

Reply to
Roland

I have been following those guidelines on my own for 10+ years. All my panels have dialer delays, aborts, way before it became a CP-01 standard. We did it to save money, for both our company and our clients. We started doing this when law enforcement started fining customers after 3 false alarms within 1 year. But to my knowledge, Florida hasn't adopted the CP-01 standard as of yet.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I did see that described anywhere. Is that what you are calling the Generic

56K? Is that a different generic driver available elsewhere? Could you give me a hint of where to look?
Reply to
Roland

I don't think the entire state of Florida did go to CP-01, only a few regions or cities did. The DSC boys couldn't remember where the cities or counties were, but they seemed certain it was Florida. It doesn't seem to matter here if the panel is set exactly to CP-01 standards, unless it has the UL CP-01 sticker you can't install it.

Reply to
Roland

Install DLS3. Install the unsupported modems patch. Then upgrade to DLS2002. Then all the modems will show up in DLS2002.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

The list is in the software

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.