Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Alarm panel connectors
Does anyone know where I can get a male connector and a female connector so that I can make an extension cable connecting the female connector coming out of the wall with the male connector attached...

DSC 2550 trouble
Is somebody know how to set my DSC 2550 alarm to factory (default) or something like that.I can't use my alarm because i don't know any code or mastercode.I have new house with alarm which i can't use...

Connector for alarm panel
Does anyone know where I can get a male connector and a female connector so that I can make a short extension cable from the female cable coming out of the wall to attach to the male on my panel?...

Ademco
I have had my Ademco system in my house for 8 years and have had no problem. I was noticeing the other day that the key pad is getting more difficult to turn off and on the alarm. I am looking to...

Alarm systems, VOIP, land lines, email and cellular
Hi, My current setup is this : I have a land line for telephone, which also handles my high speed internet with ADSL. I also have a home alarm system that uses my land line, and is monitored by an...

Proper mounting location for CO & Propane detectors?
Hi, I've had a couple of conflicting "professional" opinions about this, so I thought I would ask the question here and see what responses I got. My question is where is the proper location to mount a...

Monitoring service that can use DSC Internet and cellular
I'm looking for a new monitoring service. I've looked at ucontrol and nextalarm, but I'd like to find someone who can use the DSC native Internet communicators (TL-150/250), and also offer cellular...

Re: Panel Grounding vs. Lightning Rod Grounding
. Francois Martzloff was the NIST guru on surges and wrote the NIST guide along with many published technical papers. Martzloff was involved in an investigation that included an insurance company and...

Ademco/Honeywell Galaxy Panel protocols
Any one know if (and where) you can download protocol information for the galaxy range of control panels (galaxy classic 8,16,60,500,512 etc and the later G2 and G3 panels, they seem to use the same...

Westec 760/Keypad problem?
Any recommendations where I can get a new Keypad for Westec security system 760 (circa 1975). I'm having a problem with the Emergency/ Panic alarm going off spontaneously and it's been suggested the...

Any knowledge / insight / info on DMP panels?
Hi, I had a dealer come by the house today and try to extoll the virtues of a DMP system. I'll be honest; I've never heard of DMP before. I've heard and worked with Napco, DSC and even Paradox, but...

Need some Brain Storming
Hey All, I have a customer that was renovating a 3 story apartment building. During the renovation it was found that kids were climbing up the fire escape ladder to the roof and having a party, not to...

Help configuring Inovonics FA464D
Hi, I am having to problem understand how to configuring any transmitter devices with the FA464D receiver. I have the FA116 programmer, but basically its all greek to me. I have what manuals they...

Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn Convention
The TBFAA convention will be held in Dallas Oct 23rd through the 25th. Are any members of the ASA planning to attend? How about you Mark, you are in Dallas! Your e-mail address failed.

Napco PC-Preset
Because of Hurricane Ike, most of my customers were without power for 2 to 3 weeks. Of course the batteries went down and the clock settings were lost which causes the panels to not know when to send...