Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Nasty Sunday
Twenty+ years of doing welfare checks on clients...today my worst fear was realized. Checking on neighbor/client's welfare, I found her dead on the floor - natural causes - Nasty Sunday.

Weapons detector patent for sale
This patent is for a security walk through or handheld detector of ferrous weapons. It has automatic features and can be inexpensive to construct. This patent has not been used for a marketed product...

Alarm silence/power query ??
Hi, Hope this isn't too much of a dumb question but how can I silence my external alarm when I switch off my electric supply? I am about to do some DIY which involves cutting the electric supply to...

protocol for Protect R/TUs
I have been asked by a customer to interface to some old Protect emergency call systems, and I am trying to determine what protocol these things use to communicate with the central station. Does...

saturday and no RFI ??
Wow...an almost RFI free week! The asylum must be in lock-down.

Range Estimate for DSC Panic Pendant
What is the approximate range for the DSC Panic Pendant (to wireless receiver)? Please reply to this NG. Replies to email can't get through spam control-sorry.

Simon 3-Adding handheld touchpad
Hi, I am trying to add a handheld touchpad to my new Simon 3 alarm system. When I press Add, then Sensor/Remote, I get the voice prompt "function unavailable". Does anyone know how I can enable this...

PC 5010 Manual
Any links out there to a programming manual for a power 832 pc5010 v2? I left the blasted thing with the owner and need to program contact id codes in dls. Can't remember passwords for dsc site to put...

any one using Napco Starlink
Any one use the Napco Star Link back up radio good bad or ugly results.

Off Subject Question
Hello everybody, I have an off subject question. I need 2 first class airline tickets to Honolulu in October. You may know somebody with American Airline Aadvantage miles to spare. I am willing to pay...

stand alone door prop alarm
Has any one run across a stand alone door prop alarm similar to the detex pg 21 that has an alarm delay longer than 45 seconds? I have made such an alarm with an altronix timer but it would be simpler...

News: Wrong security code
Benny Spears set off a security alarm at his Fayetteville home with a wrong access code Feb. 19, but he gave the correct code moments later. Fayetteville police responding to the alarm didn't know the...

New Readers, What does upset Pro's???
What does upset Pro's in this news group when i say that wireless alarm systems are unreliable during Radio Frequency Interferences (RFI) ? Well look at theyre childish answers (instead of providing...

Bosch Solution 40
Good day, I run a small (4 people as of today - down from 5) security company in Australia and have a small problem: Chubb in Australia are installing the Bosch Solution 40 alarm panel as it is...

a message
http://www.media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=lohanhilton.mp3