Connector for alarm panel

Does anyone know where I can get a male connector and a female connector so that I can make a short extension cable from the female cable coming out of the wall to attach to the male on my panel? There are 12 pins on the existing connectors. Also, what is the official name for these connectors?

Thanks, Jack B.

Reply to
googlegroups99
Loading thread data ...

Lots of different wires on lots of different alarm panels...

If you can come up with the make and model of your alarm panel and let us know exactly what you are trying to connect maybe someone her can help.

Links to a couple of pictures of your alarm panel and the device you want to connect would help too.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

I don't know if I'd want to put a male and female connector together without proper supervision. You'll wind up with a whole bunch of little connectors before you know it.

Reply to
FireTek

NO!!!

MOLEX!!!

Reply to
ABLE1

Still pondering what keypad has a 12 pin molex connector on it...Binford

9000?
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Maybe one of those old Corby keypads from the 80's?

Reply to
alarman

I was thinking that big blue box...was it Westec 6000...the one with the giant ribbon cables?...and 66 punchdown blocks in panel? ATT? ...so many brain cells ago.

Where's Mark L. anyway?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Binford 6100. Some fan you were.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

And to make matters worse, Rojas doesn't have any of the user (or programming) manuals. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

That's *really* bad.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Donno. I called him a couple of months ago, and he was busy with a project. Something about resurrecting the ATT 8000 or something.

Reply to
alarman

Why sure Jack.

I'll just look through the web sites and catalogs of every alarm panel manufacturer in the world to find out how many of them have "official"

12 pin connectors and I'll get right back to you.
Reply to
Jim

why do you want to do that? why not just extend the wire?

Reply to
Bob

AH...that was it...the 8000.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Binford 9000 man's BBQ...my favorite episode.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hi Jack! You may want to help us help you, by listing the Manufacturer and model number of the 12 pin thingy you are trying to connect to. The original manufacturer of said thingy may have had good reason to limit your options, and prevent failure.

Sincerely,

Karl

Reply to
karljacoboski

He hasn't posted since asking his question.

Probably to embarassed, at this point.

Reply to
Jim

He could also have found his answer at alt.male.connections

Reply to
Frank Olson

On Nov 3, 10:18=EF=BF=BDam, Frank Olson >

Why would you assume he's gay?

Reply to
Jim

How come you know all about that newsgroup? Hmmmmmmmmmm? I think you "blew" your cover. And I hope that's all you've "blown". :)

RW

Reply to
Roger W

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.