Voicemail system freaked out

I currently have a Nortel MICS 6.0 with a Call Pilot 100. The system is our outright and I have let the service aggrement lapse as I have become very familiar with day to day tasks that need ot happen. But all of a sudden after I got back from Christmas Holiday pressing Feature 981 to access the voicemail just cancels out after pressing Freature 9. The people who have two line Nortel Set can access voicemail by pressing the mail soft button that appears when there is a message in the mailbox. For other people who have only single lined displays I have programmed one of the buttons using Feature *3 to automate the Feature 981 bit. So on the phones where this feature has been hard coded they can access their voicemail using that button. The phones where I neglected to program this feature prior to this weekend I can no longer program as when I press Feature 9 the screen comes back to the time display. Any ideas.

-Chuy

Reply to
chuy08
Loading thread data ...

Upon further review attempting to access the configuration screens using the Feature **config code does not allow me access to the config menu, pressing this buttons just exits back to the typical time and date display.

Reply to
chuy08

Have you rebooted the mail (unplug from power and plug back in after about

30 seconds)? Also what version of mail do you have there are known lockup issues in early releases.
Reply to
John

Logging into the Call Pilot revels the following:

Voice Mail Version: 1.5.32.01

I have never had this issue before, this is the first time that I have seen anything like this with this phone system.

And yes I have rebooted the voicemail a couple of times to no avail. My next course of action is to reboot the whole switch as I am even unable to get into the Config menu anymore.

Reply to
chuy08

How long have you waited before trying reaccessing anything after rebooting the viocemail? It is notoriously slow at restarting, the display can go back to normal time & date, but the process is not complete. Further resetting and getting impatient does not help at all. ;-)

You may have to do a voice mail restore (you did a recent backup, I assume ;-) )

Kevin Martin

Reply to
Kevin Martin

I am still not sure what happened but I do know that a complete reboot of the phone switch resolved the issue. Now I can once again complete the Feature 981 and Feature **config actions.

Reply to
chuy08

!.5 is a good release. What is the Norstar Mics ---?

Reply to
John

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.